Available accommodation are a couple of B&B's and selfcatering establishments. There is a tearoom and a Village Shop/Post Office at Pirnmill, a Garage (no Petrol) and golf course/tennis court with tearoom at Machrie. This coast is also the home of the famous Old Byre Showroom Shop and Tea room, just a mile south of Dougarie.
- New: Achabhealaidh B & B, Machrie, 01770 840 360, open all year
- Clisham B&B, Pirnmill, 01770 850 294, open Apr to Sep
- Mill Cottage B&B, Pirnmill, 01770 850 531, open all year
Click here to see current room availability on selected properties
Click to visit our website
- Balnagore Farmhouse, Machrie, sleeps 12, 01403 822 364, open all year
- Bayview Back House, Pirnmill, sleeps 2, 01770 850 230, open all year
- Cairnfield Farmhouse, Machrie, sleeps 10, 01703 822 364, open all year
- Dougarie Holiday Cottages, Dougarie, sleeps up to 8, 01770 840 259, open all year, more details see above
- Druid Farmhouse, Machrie, sleeps 6, 01292 443 769, open Mar to Oct
- Hazelwood Farm, Imachar, sleeps 7, 01770 850 222, open all year
- Kilbrannan House, Pirnmill, sleeps 8, 01224 743 592 or 07711 285163, open all year
- Machrie House, Machrie, sleeps 5, 01770 840 223, open all year
- Sand Martin Cottage, Auchencar, Machrie, sleeps 6, 01770 840 338, open all year
- Sealladh-na-mara, Pirnmill, sleeps 6, 07941 325 792, open all year
- The Millhouse, Pirnmill, sleeps 4, 0131 667 2267, open all year
- Rowanbank, Machrie, sleeps 4, 01403 822 364, open all year
- The Wee Rig, Pirnmill, sleeps 4, 01770 850 228, open all year
- Valley View, off String Road, sleeps 8 01770 302 318, open all year
- Westview Cottage, Pirnmill, sleeps 4, 01770 850 294, open all year
- Willow Cottage, Whitefarland, sleeps 2, 0141 637 2945, open all year
Click here to find holiday home availabilities on selected houses and flats
Special on Thursdays and Fridays, 18.30h – 20.30h: Fresh seafood and grill, bring your own bottle of wine! We accept bookings.
- Lighthouse Café and Restaurant, Pirnmill, 01770 850 240, open: Summer: March to October, every day, 09.00h to 21.30h, Winter: November to February, Fri, Sat, Sun, 12.00h to 20.00h, bookings for evenings recommended
- Machrie Bay Golf Club Tearoom, Machrie, 01770 840 329, open daily 10.00h to 17.00h
- Old Byre Tearoom, Auchencar, Machrie, 01770 840 227, open daily 10.00h to 17.00h
- Pirnmill Stores and Post Office, Shore Road, Postal services, general food supplies, Offsales, Newspapers and Magazines, bottled gas, 0pen 7 days, 01770 850 235
- Old Byre Showroom, Auchencar, Machrie, Sheepskin and leather goods, Knitware, Children's wear, and much more, 01770 840 227
- C M Weir and Sons, Machrie, Cars and Vans: sales of new and second hand, damage repairs and recovery, 01770 840 231
- Machrie Golf and Tennis Club, Machrie, 9 holes, 2'200 yards, par 33. Golf clubs and trolleys for hire, putting green, tennis courts. 01770 840 329
- Machrie Standing Stones, to the south of Machrie. An easy walk along lovely contryside, ca. 2km to the famous stone Monuments of ancient history, a roundtrip of about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Ideal for a walk with kids. Parking off main road opposite the walk (just don't miss it, the signs are nearly invisible...)
- Kings's Cave
Starting points: on the C841 midway between Blackwaterfoot and Machrie (large parking with picknick table, roundtrip about 5 km) or at the Golf and Tennis Club nr. Blackwaterfoot (ca 13 km). A combination is possible.
- Long distance walk from Dougarie to Lochranza or Catacol Bay. A rough and long (ca. 16km) walk through unpopulated glens along Loch Iorsa and Loch Tanna (on way to Catacol Bay). Nothing for the unexperienced. Well deserved Pubs near journey's end.
- Mountain walk from Thunderguy to Pirnmil. Climb first up to pitursque Fhion Lochan (330m), – in itself a good small walk, 2 hours return – from there up to Beinn Breach (710m), down and up to Mullach Buidha (720m), now down and up to Beinn Bharrain (715m). Again only for experienced «mountain goats», please. All in all about 11 km, 5 to 6 hours. Reward at the end: the Lighthouse Tearoom.
|Visitor Information for the Isle of Arran|
|Banks||Royal Bank of Scotland, Brodick, tel: 01770 302 222
Bank of Scotland, Brodick, Tel: 01770 892 005
Mobile banking in Operation. In Brodick 24h ATM available
|Post Office||Mail collections daily (excl Sun). Most postal services available in many villages. In some branches Currency Exchange available|
|Tourist Information||Tourist Information Centre: The Pier, Brodick Tel: 01770 303 774, Open Mon to Thu and Sat 9.00 to 17.00, Fri 9.00 to 19.30, Sun 10.00 to 17.00|
|Ferries||Caledonian MacBrayne Scottish Ferries
Operating Brodick <—> Ardrossan
and Lochranza <—> Cloanaig
Tel: 01770 302 166, then option 2 for Brodick
|Public Transport||Busses from and to all Ferries.
Brodick <—> Blackwaterfoot via Lochranza (line 324), via the Southend (line 323) and direct via the String Road (line 322), Brodick <—> Corriegills (line 321). Day rover tickets available.